Yup, that’s right peeps. good news.
if you’ve loved the land down under so much and can’t bare the thought of leaving the golden sand and sunny skies; a secondary Working Holiday visa for Australia is possible!
all you have to do is three months work in regional Australia. so pick apples, help on a sheep farm, pick strawberries, oranges, or mangos...the good old Australian way.
now the catch is, you must apply for this extension whilst still on your first current working holiday visa.
So to grab this golden ticket if you;
- Must be between 18 and 30 (inclusive) when you apply for your Australian Visa
- have NO dependent kids
- hold a passport from: Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong SAR (the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People's Republic of China), Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan, UK.
- have a valid passport for the entire period of your stay in the UK
- have worked for three months, full time, as a seasonal worker in regional Oz on an Australia Working Holiday Visa.
- have enough cash to support yourself during your initial stay in Australia.
so what is seasonal work?
this website, Harvest Trail says it all. But in a nutshell it’s any type of work undertaken as an employee of a primary producer; apples, strawberries, tomato’s, grapes, even pearl finding...
the site also has jobs listed, a guide about working conditions, transport and accommodation, an info line number for all your questions ; National Harvest Telephone Information Service 1800 062 332, and loads more info. It’s an absolute must if you are looking into working here for another 12 months.
Harvest Trail is a website run by the Australian government so you can be 100% sure the info you are getting is correct and up-to date.
what is considered regional Australia?
any area outside of Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, NSW Central Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth, Melbourne or the ACT
and one last important bit...
be sure to get this form as evidence you have done the seasonal work. this form must be filled out by all the employers you do seasonal work for during the first 12 months of your time in Australia.
Working Holiday visa: Employment verification